Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mermaid of Atlantis Progress problem

Below is my progress on Mermaid of Atlantis.

However, you may see a HUGE problem.
Hubby spilt coke on it. So without thinking, I washed it.
The waterlillies floss has bled into the fabric.
I've never had this problem before. I've used all kinds of
dyed floss and always washed my piece once done.
Hubby reckons it just looks like she is glowing. But I know and it irks me!

Is this salvagable at all? Should I wash it again?
I'm so close to finishing all the stitching.
I wanted to keep stitching for the next few days to get all the stitching done but will wait for opinions on what I should do.

I will get onto one of my other WIP's


3 comments:

Shelleen said...

From what I can see it looks like the fabric is dyed that way.

Sari said...

In the picture it looks just ok and beautiful.

Mel said...

Thank you. Hubby said it looked like the fabric was dyed that way. I tell you, I was not happy. I have my own little stitching area in the lounge and he knows not to touch or go near my stuff. He even rings and asks permission to use my ginghers!!!!! I have tried washing it again so lets see if at least a little bit more comes out!