Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Nymph progress

Sadly I didn't get any stitching done yesterday. I was busy planning a couple of cakes that I will be doing in Nov. A good friend of mine has asked me to make her boyfriends birthday cake. She is having a surprise party for him.
I was a little hesitant. Normally I make a cake because I feel like it, not really when someone asks. But is all good. I am going to make a Super Mario cake which I am really excited about doing because I've always wanted to do one.
And I am also making my brother in law a cake for his birthday.
He is a Grid Iron fan and his fav team is the New Orlean Saints so I am going to try (notice I said TRY) to make him a Grid Iron Helmet cake.
I need to get these things sorted in my head before I do anything else so know know what and how to do something and I also research quite a bit online (you tube, a cakers best friend!)
So now I just need to put this all on paper.

Here is what I hope to work on today. I have a clean(ish) house. It's raining, hailing and windy outside. Perfect day to be inside under the blankey and stitching. Of course I have the dog in here because he isn't a fan of hail.