Monday, June 6, 2011

Giant Lemon Meringue Cupcake and a Choc Mud Ruffle Cake

I've been experimenting. My sister lent me her Giant cupcake pan and I liked it so much that I bought my own!

I made a Giant Lemon Meringue Cupcake. White Mudcake with a Lemon Curd filling and Meringue on the outside. I went with Italian Meringue. Mainly because I stink at making normal meringue but also because I was going to use a blowtorch to colour the meringue and wanted to make sure it was cooked. Italiam meringue seemed the way to go. I didn't end up getting a blowtorch so I put it in a very hot oven for a few mins. Obviously about 2 mins too many as it got a tad burnt on some bits. But hubby ate it anyway and loved it.







This is the ruffle cake I made. It's choc mudcake with choc ganache. My ruffles stink. I didn't get them uniform at all. But it tasted good!




Another cake to be made on Thurs for my nieces birthday. It's a ballerina cake. I am making her a choc cake and doing some white mudcake cupcakes to go with it.

No comments: