Saturday, June 11, 2011

Alicia's 5th Birthday Cake. Barbie Ballerina Cake

It was my niece's 5th birthday party today.
Initially I wanted to make her a ballerina cake. Of course it didn't turn out the way I wanted it. So it turned into a Barbie Ballerina cake.
Ballerina Barbie in the centre.
The cake is just a chocolate cake with buttercream and covered with Satin Ice.
I also made cupcakes to go with it. White mud cupcakes. Some had buttercream and some had whipped milk choc ganache. I think the kids (and adults)liked the ganache better. My nephew said I needed to put more icing on, I asked which one and he said the chocolate one! I told him next time I would bring a big tub just for him!
My 3rd real cake. I am not totally happy with it. Of course I can see the flaws! But everyone at the party loved it so thats all that matters!

No more cakes for anyone for a while (as in, there are no birthdays for a bit) so I shall be concentrating on stitching!
Oh, but I will be making icecream tomorrow. Had a heap of left over cream :)





No comments: